Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mid-Week Daybook

.
Outside my window...
...it's very chilly this morning (38 degrees F). I just spoke to my oldest on the phone. He was walking to his first class and all he could say was "It's so cold...it's so cold..." Of course, he was only wearing a hoodie. It feels cold first thing in the morning, but for the rest of the day it feels great. I am hoping to hold off turning on the furnace until November. Will I make it?


I am thinking...
...about meeting some online friends. I even dreamed about it. Margaret has us all thinking.


I am thankful for...
...a full pantry, a warm (relatively) dry house, and (mostly) working appliances. My husband has a job and I am very thankful. It's the simple things, like being warm and dry, that make me truly thankful.


From the lesson plans...
...Wednesday is our light day, relatively speaking. Noah has gym class and Faith has Little Flowers this afternoon. We usually eat lunch out on Wednesdays too, to break up the monotony.


From the kitchen...
...I'm trying a new recipe tonight. I'm hoping it tastes as good as it looks because it looks really good.


I am wearing...
...khaki pants, a red and white blouse, Haflinger clogs. After I posted this I added bronze Our Lady of Guadalupe earrings and a favorite pair of socks, and I have to ask if anyone else is favorably or unfavorably affected by socks, or am I just weird like that?


I am creating...
...a wool gaiter to match the hat I finished last week to give to some poor soul with a cold head and neck. Also a beautiful purple rosary and matching chaplet for a sweet man to give to his wife.


I am reading...
...Fatherless -- it's not what I expected, but I'm not sure what I expected.


I am hoping...
...that the pain in my tail bone will go away. It's hard to stand up and sit down. I think it's arthritis, possibly cold-weather onset?


I am hearing...
...Faith chatting about getting school done, and it's only 8:27 a.m. Now she's getting breakfast.


Around the house...
...laundry, dog-hair-and-leaf containment (sweeping), and lots of dishes. The part needed for the dishwasher is on backorder until November 15. I'm gonna have some dishpan hands when it's all said and done.


I am going...
...to deliver loaves of Rye Bread to Sister Margaret and Mrs. Pena (Joshua's French teacher) this morning, then to lunch, then to gym, then to Little Flowers. It's a running around day.


One of my favorite things...
...fall weather. I love cold, I love gray, I love windy. I'm a little odd that way.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
...Adoration and Confession tomorrow evening, and a football game on Friday night. Josh, Faith and I are going to go to his girlfriend's game to watch her play in the band.


A picture thought...
...some fall color. Unfortunately most of the leaves are just falling off instead of turning -- too much dry weather.








.

6 comments:

  1. Plan a trip to MN!

    We would all love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PA is very lovely . . .come here! :)

    And I broke down and turned on the heat this morning. We prepaid all of our oil this year, so I was hoping to hold off a little longer. But there was frost on the car this morning and the baby's feet were ice cold inside her fuzzy sleeper, so I had to draw the line. No icy baby feet for Mopsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Christine -- please come to MN!!!

    Very thoughtful of you to go watch Josh's g/f play in the band Friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, come to CA...
    (and bring christine with you).
    it's chilly here.
    not 38 degrees though.
    i don't know that it's ever been that cold here!
    but it is grey. and windy.
    not at all like fall.
    i am really pining for fall.
    hope all is well for you mid-week, dear.
    enjoy those leaves and snuggling.
    and dream some more...sometimes that's all we have, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to Christine. Maybe after Noah starts school next year and it's just Faith and I at home!

    PA is definitely closer than MN, Aimee. And Mopsy needs some sockies under her jammies. Definitely.

    Thanks, Lori. I'm trying. And she asked, and I almost never say "no" to reasonable requests. ;-)

    Regan, Come and experience Ohio and 38 degrees with the gray and windy! And me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, if you come to PA, I could come too, since I only live about 1 hour from Aimee! (Aimee, we HAVE to get Fiver and Little Brother together.)

    Socks: I love socks. My feet are always cold so I am always in socks. I've got my faves (cotton "ragg" socks right now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!