Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, July 09, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday

.

It's hard to believe it's Friday. Harder even to believe it's July 9. Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday Jane! How o-ol-d are you? :-) (She's younger than I!)

1

This might seem like the weather version of Seven Quick Takes because the weather is just about all I think about these days. I want to go out, but I don't want to go out into the heat. The garden needs weeded, but I don't have the stamina to get out there in this heat. It's still 90 degrees at 9 p.m. Ugh. Faith has found plenty of pretties to pick though. This little bouquet includes a day lily, a white begonia and some peppermint, all tucked into a tiny, white cream pitcher. I think she might be a great florist some day. In the convent, of course.




2

Someone, who shall not remain nameless, corrupted me with her caramel frappe habit. It got to be a bad habit, pretty quickly. I thought of them every time I left the house, "will I be near a McDonald's?" Bad, bad habit. I made a break and subbed my caramel frappe habit with a yogurt fruit smoothie habit -- made at home. I'll share my recipe on my food blog, although you really don't need anything but yogurt, fruit and a blender.




3

I have a few rosaries in the works, one I wanted to share with you because I'm so excited. Our pastor is leaving our parish -- he's been reassigned as Director of Vocations for the Diocese. Though I'm very sad that he's leaving, and afraid for the future (we came to this parish mostly because we love the way he runs his church), I think he is very happy for this move. I'm creating a Fisher of Men rosary -- ocean jasper beads, antique brass pieces, including this fish charm. I'm excited -- I'll show you when it's finished. I have discovered some great Etsy vendors for rosary findings. Love them.




4

It rained last night. There was a collective sigh among the shrubs and trees and flowers (and me!). It's raining again now. The late night ballgame is in jeopardy :-O !




5

The window replacements will be made on Monday and then there is more painting to be done. I know I haven't shown you the living room yet. I wanted to give my shelves another couple days before I put all the books back on them. I'll do that over the weekend.


6

My mom usually makes me a birthday dinner, but because of plans on my birthday weekend this year, she didn't. I requested that she take me to lunch instead. So tomorrow there's a mother/daughter/(possibly) granddaughter lunch in the works, and maybe a little shopping. Sounds like a Princess Day!


7

I went to bed last night with these lovelies sitting on the counter -- Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I sliced into one this morning for toast and it was yum! I didn't want to heat up the kitchen during the day so I made the dough after dinner and by 10 p.m. it was done baking. We went to bed shortly after so the warm kitchen didn't bother us. Good plan. I'll post the recipe on my food blog -- it's really yummy.



For more Quick Takes go see Jen.

And have a marvelous weekend, dear friend.

.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for doing the bread! It looks SOOOO good!

    I've been making caramel iced coffee here. I make extra coffee, let it cool and keep it in a jar in the fridge. Then in a tall glass I mix a good shot of Hershey's caramel syrup, some milk, some coffee. Stir well, add a few ice cubes and drink through a straw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would seriously be the biggest pest if I was your neighbor. I want to eat everything you make! How gluttonous of me, but I can't help it :).

    Enjoy your girls day out - I love those! And I agree about those caramel frappe drinks, they are dangerously addictive! It doesn't help that Rob likes them as well and I have a "buy one, get one" coupon in the car.

    Maybe just one more . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Barb. It was good. Thanks for the recipe -- I'll keep it in reserve for desperate times!

    Aimee, if you were my neighbor it would be my pleasure to feed you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re "Peach" and her future in floristry/convent: my first close encounter with a religious Sister was with Sister Immanuel (sp.?) of the Little Sisters of the Poor. She came into the florist shop where I worked and drafted me (a Protestant at the time) to arrange donated flowers for the chapel altar of the Archbishop Leibold Home in Cincinnati. She is one of the reasons I am now Catholic. I think floristry and a religious vocation could be easily combined. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!