Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 07, 2010

Monday Daybook

.
Outside my window...it's cool, breezy, sunny, and I can hear the leaves rustling in the breeze, the water rushing in the creek, and the birds chirping. I can't imagine a more beautiful day -- weather-wise. We had tons of rain over the weekend (hence the rushing creek), so this beautiful weather is a welcome respite.

I am thinking...about summer. I have so many plans in my head, but really need to finish up school before I dive into anything. Patience, mother....

I am thankful for...breezy, clothesline days. I held off getting out the clothesline this year. I had myself convinced that hanging the damp clothes on hangers in the basement was just fine. But, the cool breezes beckoned today and I succumbed. The clothes I brought in smelled so good, there's no comparison.

From the learning rooms...tests, a few lingering math lessons, times tables to master for Faith, The Cure of Ars for Noah to finish. And antsy students who ache to get outside in the sun.

From the kitchen...chili for dinner -- a batch frozen and simmering on the stove now, with fresh strawberries and ice cream for dessert. Two batches of strawberry freezer jam and one batch of cherry freezer jam made today and (hopefully) setting up.

I am wearing...Khaki pants, a blue and white striped blouse, with bare feet -- my uniform!

I am creating...a couple of blue twine rosaries, a vitrail Seven Sorows chaplet, a silver and crystal bracelet for my Goddaughter who graduated from Miami U this month, a hand-stitched quilt I keep in my bag for ball games, and I still have one ruffled skirt to finish for Faith. No shortage of craft projects here.

I am reading... I Will Carry You: the Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith; I also have a chapter or two left in A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell. I am feeling the pull toward the slowness of summer and the draw to just sit and read.

I am hoping...for fast-forward on the school year so summer can begin soon.

I am hearing...a fire that Doug started out back. Whatever he is burning is cracking and popping. I can smell it too. Good thing I got the clothes down off the line. ;-)

Around the house...projects-in-waiting. Some painting mostly. The deck is finished and most of the outside is in maintenance mode so I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and get started.

One of my favorite things...strawberry freezer jam -- I'll post the recipe on my food blog soon. It's so fresh and yummy and, best of all, is so easy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...softball games and a mammogram are the only thing on my calendar!

A picture -- cherry pickers at Grandma and Grandpas yesterday. Faith is wearing one of the ruffled skirts I made her -- I just love the style. Stay tuned for a tutorial...I promise!



.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm cherries!
    Yes, I was so glad to see that today and tomorrow will be NICE here. No tornadoes! Or torrential downpours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is too cute.

    I also love cherries. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am staying tuned for a tutorial on that skirt. my girl just saw it and said...oh i love that skirt!
    this is skirt season for us and now that we've been trying to get to daily mass i am finding that we need. MORE. skirts. both us. but i am a bit too big for one of those twirly ones, wouldn't ya say!
    have a blessed week, barb!
    love that sky header.
    so blue and beckoning. like i could really get lost up there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the skirt tutorial too! My sewing machine has just been repaired and I can't wait to try it out (I was 18 last time I used it, eek!)

    Cherry picking looks like so much fun!

    P.S. Artisan Bread in 5 Mins showed up on my doorstep today per your recommendation! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!