Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, May 15, 2010

Oh, mom...

.

A text conversation with my college son went this way this afternoon:

Him: Hey mom, what did you want?

Me: Well, I forget what I originally wanted, that was hours ago. Where are you?

Him: At my apartment.

Me: Where have you been? I have been trying to get you for hours. I almost called Andrew (roommate).

Him: Oh. My phone was charging. It's having a hard time holding a charge.

Me: Well, we need to replace it this week. Like Monday.

Him: What's the big deal? It just went dead for a while.

Me: The problem is, I was calling you for a gazillion hours and your weren't answering and I thought you were dead in a gutter.

Him: Oh.

Well, I wasn't.



Sigh...


.

4 comments:

  1. But you could have been...
    Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Kim. He just doesn't see it from my perspective! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is what I have to look forward to in a few short months, huh? I really can picture myself having the same conversation with Big Brother...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we possibly share a set of twins...separated at birth...cause I have a child here exactly like that...sigh is right....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!