Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring Break Daybook


.
Outside my window...it's sunny and wet -- we had the season's first thunderstorm last night. The tulips are opening, and the Bradford Pear trees and, my favorite, the Red Bud trees are blooming. Just overnight it seems we are finally seeing lots of green.

I am thinking...about very little. This is our spring break week and I have many projects, but none of them requiring much thought. I think I'll work on baby quilts today -- babies have been popping all over the place, have you noticed?

I am thankful for...hot Irish tea with milk and sugar. I have a sore throat today -- I can't remember a time, it's been months, when not one of us had a cold or sore throat and now we're headed right into allergy season.

From the learning rooms...I need to set aside one day this week to do lesson plans. I'd like to plan out the rest of the year, but that never works well for me -- something always changes. So,we go one week at a time.

From the kitchen...buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. Josh had a friend over last night and they are still not up. For dinner, Sausage Kabobs and Veggie Mac 'n' Cheese.

I am wearing...khaki pants and a cotton blouse. I can't decide if I'm ready for sandals, but I know I don't want to wear socks.

I am creating...baby quilts, First Holy Communion rosaries, and a First Communion dress -- like I said, I have plenty of projects.

I am reading...Made From Scratch: A Memoir by Sandra Lee. I was interested for the first half of the book, but her career moves have me quite bored.

I am hoping...for a happy week. The kids have some plans and we'll see if we can do a few of them -- see a movie maybe, have dinner out one night. It's not much considering many of their friends are on vacation.

I am hearing...Faith getting dressed. She has some little friends down the street, visiting their grandma, and they wanted to play very early today. I told Faith she had to wait until after 9. I just learned that the family is going to be moving in with grandma for a while. It's nice for Faith to have friends on the street, but not nice at 7 a.m. I think we're going to have to come up with some sort of red light/green light system.

Around the house...lots of laundry and ironing (I think I always say that). I would like to spring clean Joshua's room but I don't know when they boys will be up. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I need to wash the shelves in my family room, too.

One of my favorite things...free time. I want to make the best of it, however.

A few plans for the rest of the week...one dinner out for mom, and dinner out for the family, and whatever we can fill the days with in between. No plans!

A picture -- for grandpa who was sick on Easter...

Watching the boys play soccer before she decided to get some play clothes on and join the fun.


.

5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty Easter dress! Did you make it?

    One of the things I like about the Homeschool Skedtrack is that I can plan out each subject for the year, and if the day's lesson isn't done (checked off) it just gets pushed to the next day. It does help with those days we're busy, distracted, or feel the need to concentrate on a First Communion lapbook.

    Feel better. Meg has a sore throat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your sore throat. "Peach" is just adorable in pink! It's such a blessing that spring is finally here: winter seemed so VERY long this time. Prayers for you and yours, Rosemary in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara -- I did not make the dress. I bought it last year from Gymboree (on sale) and she wore it both years. Unfortunately it's "dry clean only" so she only wore it for both Easters. It was a really good deal though. ;-)

    Thank you, Rosemary. I agree -- it is so nice to see spring. Now, if we could just keep the temp around 60, I would be very happy. Unfortunately in Ohio, is goes between 40 and 80 without much warning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I always say I have laundry to do, too. It really never ends, for me anyway ...

    Your daughter looks so pretty! I like her curly hair in the back.

    Enjoy your break! We're on Easter break this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little lovey! I've still got those dresses hanging in my closet--note I said MY closet, not THEIRS, b/c they'd play dress-up with them otherwise. Wonder if they still fit?

    PS. Avila wears that patchwork skirt every single day. It is her very favorite thing and we thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!