Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Terri's Day is Tomorrow

.

Don't let the world forget what was done to her. Father Frank Pavone wrote today:

"On March 30, 2005, Terri Schiavo had her last full day of life on this earth. I spent her last night by her side, praying with her, reading Scripture to her, and assuring her of the love of so many of you.

Terri had not received a drop of water in nearly two weeks.

As I reached out my hand to touch hers, I could also reach it out to touch the vase of flowers that was next to her. And that vase was filled with water. The flowers were nourished; Terri was deprived of nourishment. Court orders saw to it that none of us could give her some of the water that nourished the flowers.

In a culture of death, law is divorced from humanity. And we are all victimized in the process."

–Fr. Frank

.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. You are right: we must not forget. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't forget that. Oh how my heart just shattered watching/listening to the news reports every day. I wanted to scream. and being a mother- I don't know how Terri's family made it through all that with not wanting to just kill Terri's ex-husband or truly feeling as if there is a special place in hell for him. (I know he was technically still married but in my mind, he had long since moved past)

    During this Holy Week may we remember Terri but also her family.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!