Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, February 18, 2010

A peachy pic

.
Yesterday was Peach's 8th birthday. It was quite hectic, from Mass in the morning to birthday cake after dinner, with so many activities in between I could hardly catch my breath. I wish it had been more calm, with time to relish each birthday moment. Alas, it was not to be.

I think she had a good day, however. She got ashes for the first time (so excited!), had a special birthday breakfast at Panera, went for a quick shopping spree at Target where I grabbed some last minute room makeover items, passed out candy treats at her gymnastics class (a home school class -- and the children were so appreciative; birthday treats are not something they get everyday like they do at school), had her Mimi (my mom) over for cheese pizza and cake, and squealed with delight at her room makeover reveal. I have several photos on my camera, but no time to upload today.

Doug, however, took a picture with his phone, of me, Peach and my mom, after we enjoyed her birthday cake.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Peach!!

    (My word verification for this comment is "lentin".....pretty good, uh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Peach! Barbara, that is a great picture! Can't wait to see room makeover pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! Happy birthday Peach, looking forward to seeing the room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stealing Rob's computer to say Happy Birthday, Peach! Such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Peach!

    Very cute pic of you, Peach and your mom. Oh, and I like your new header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Peach! Great three generation photo, be sure to frame it for and include in Peach's new makeover bedroom. LUV your new header, love that photo and heh, we have the same mixmaster! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey...where's your red lipstick???
    not many people can wear red lips like you, barb!
    :)
    i love this three generation picture. so sweet.

    best birthday wishes to peach-y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very belated happy birthday to a "peach" of a girl...Mama must be so very proud, grandma too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated birthday wishes for Peach! I can't wait to see the room reveal pictures (well, I can wait - you don't need your peeps pressuring you!). That is one terrific three generations pic!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Peach!!!

    God bless her!

    So nice to see beautiful you in pictures, love the one of you and your husband! You just glow with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Peach! I love the pic of you three beautiful girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!