Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, February 11, 2010

Going for the Gold

.
If you're a knitter, consider joining the Yarn Harlot's 2010 Knitting Olympics.



A couple of weeks ago I pulled apart 20 or more inches of shawl that I had started because it was too hard to keep track of the pattern. I'm going to start over with another pattern, even though I don't have a snowball's chance in you-know-where of finishing. It's a good enough reason to start something new.

.

5 comments:

  1. I'll race ya!

    Although I still haven't decided on a project. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun, however, I don't know if my goal would count. I am almost done with my daughter's sweater, I need to do the picot bind off and the front bands and ties, which I am sure will take me 17 days!

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these Olympic knit-a-longs on a few different sites. Sounds like fun! Good luck with the shawl. I can't wait to see photos of your progress =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy woman again! Happy is the woman snow bound, yes? I know just how you feel. The sun is shining though, how about there? Loved the photos of your snow dump...snicker. Your Olympic knitting sounds fun. Let the games begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds so tempting...but i don't think i knit fast enough to accomplish a "real" something in that short of a time period. but i can't wait to see what you all make. i'll be an olympic lurker...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!