Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ever So Thankful

.

I am thankful for a rainy day -- to rinse away the dusty dirt from the trees, and calm us with the pitter patter of persistent drops.


I am thankful for next week's break from school to prepare for family coming from long distances.


I am thankful for kitties -- the kind you stitch on soft white pillowcases (sh!). (Pillowcases from here.)


I almost got busted taking this picture.


I am thankful for hand gel, which we keep in the car, in our pockets, in my purse. Is everyone sick, because it sure seems like it?


I am thankful for feast days, and the opportunity they provide to learn our way to heaven.


I am thankful for online shopping and the time it saves -- I can't remember how we did this before.


Sarah and Meg joined me in giving thanks today.

.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN!

    I love your kitties! They are so cute!!!! That is the one hard thing about making things for Christmas... trying not to let anyone else know what you are doing!!

    The kids are constantly asking me what I am making and I have to say "Nothing" or "Go Away," lol, just kidding on that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onine shopping... yessiree. It's how I maintain my sanity.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitties. Some day I will take a crack at the pillowcases my mum sent me. I just need to learn the stitches. I keep saying that, but I'm too busy with the cross stitching at the moment. I know it's not so different to embroider as to cross stitch, but it is a bit. I need to be patient and I haven't any for it just yet. Yours is coming along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet pillowcases, Barbara! And I agree with you: online shopping is a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and I am thankful for wonderful blogging friends who bless me everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet kittens, sweet barb.
    happiest thanksgiving wishes to you and yours.
    i am thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!