Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Mish Mash

.

I lost my weekend again, but I realize now where it went. Last weekend I thought I lost it with Peach being sick, but yesterday I realized that I spent two consecutive Sundays cooking all day and that's where my weekend went -- down the sink with the dishwater.

Yesterday we celebrated college boy's birthday with a family dinner and today is his actual birthday. He is 20 years old. I won't say how old that makes me. Happy Birthday my sweet boy. I would do almost anything to have that sweet little boy in green twill overalls back for just one day. He was the cutest kid ever.



Here is the 20-year-old version clowning with his brothers.





Peach is back to her old self -- that virus was a wicked one. Here she is on Friday playing Miss Autumn. I think she has dark circles around her eyes. And she is in desperate need of a haircut.


But by Sunday afternoon she was helping to prepare dinner and I think she was feeling 100%. Every day I put that girl's hair in a pony tail and at least once a day she takes it out. Pish!



And here's a token puppy pic. Her fur is starting to get long enough to swirl -- she's very cute. But, I lost count at how many times this weekend I caught her standing on hind legs with two paws on the edge of the kitchen table. We have some behaviors to break. Good thing she's cute.




Have an awesome Monday -- don't let it get you down.


.

8 comments:

  1. Hair is an issue over here too. If you saw some of my Facebook photos, my girl's hair looks like a comb can't get through it. Some days I just don't even try, she doesn't mind her hair in a tangled ponytail :-) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of dog is your puppy, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blessings Birthday to your son. You do have a cute little "mutt?". Not sure what kind of doggie that is but she is cute.

    Love her black black nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana Maria, My husband think she needs a professional cut, but I hate to pay for someone to cut her bangs and trim the ends. I think I'll do it this afternoon.

    Karen,
    Thanks. She is an Australian Shepherd.

    Christine,
    Thank you for the birthday blessings. The puppy happens to be a purebred Aussie (see above) but that was purely an accident -- we were just looking for a dog and she was in the right place at the right time. You can barely see in the picture but her black black nose has two tiny pink dots on it. She is cute. I think she knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family! Happy birthday to that big boy!

    Love your puppy. I'm not a puppy person really, but now that we have one I am sort of turning to mush. And yes, there are paws trying to get up on the table here too : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 years old.
    my goodness.
    and he won't still wear those cute overalls?

    i remember those overall days. my first one was my best dressed kid. no holes. no rubber boots or high water pants.boy have i lowered my standards. and it has only been 15 years.


    that puppy looks like it's going to be kinda hard to go hardcore with any sort of training. it has an awfully darling face!

    and yay! i didn't get the monday blahs today! even with the sickies! yay!!

    anyway, wishing the best birthday wishes. so glad peachy is on the mend. i hate to think that you'd keep giving her suppositories if she wasnt'...poor dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just caught up with your comment about adding vanilla pudding to the whipped cream...BRILLIANT! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, kids are cute but oh my, that puppy is ADORABLE!!
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!