Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's like Christmas around here...almost

.

In the past three weeks we have had a rash of "breakdowns."

The air conditioner stopped running -- we had it repaired. The igniter in the oven died, for the third time, and we decided it was time to buy a new one. Our coffee maker stopped brewing -- this one was a warranty replacement, obviously not a great design -- and so we had to buy a new one. The computer monitor went black, no warning -- another new purchase. And last night we hit the "start" button on the dishwasher and the clean light just blinked at us, on and off, on and off. But the dishes were still dirty. The troubleshooter guide says "Dishwasher has malfunctioned. Call for service to check heater circuit." Bah!

While it's nice to get new things (like a stove to replace the one I've had for 11 years), and I'm very glad it's things and not people breaking down, it's a little frustrating. I feel like there's a gremlin going from one thing to another, trying to eventually break us down. We keep asking, "what next?"

Any guesses?

.

3 comments:

  1. ahahaha! If you were military I'd ask if your husband just left on deployment as that ALWAYS happens to me when my husband leaves.

    The car would be my guess as the next breakdown but I don't want to jinx anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! No fun to have things breaking down. We once lived in an old house and things started needing replacement....and I cried, "What Next??" and the roof started leaking!!! Yes, woke up one morning and heard an odd "drip, drip, drip"....walked thru the den to see water leaking thru the roof over our play/school/sewing room onto the floor about 4 feet from my sewing machine...Prayers for all to be okay in your household :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with dirtdartwife. That always happens to military spouses!! Only when it's a long deployment. :)

    I have no suggestions, really. We are buying a new mattress set for our bed 'cos for some reason the move . . . they did not wrap ours in plastic and they soaked up some awful funky scent that won't go away no matter what I do.

    There's about a grand we weren't counting on spending.

    It happens. I guess we should laugh?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!