Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, July 04, 2009

Sights and Sounds of the Fourth

.

Our company has gone and I want to write down these lovely thoughts I've had rattling around in my head all day. They are the sights and sounds of Independence Day. Many of the same I heard as a child, which is incredibly comforting. Know what I mean?



horseshoes clinking

flip-flops smacking

fireworks so big they grab your tummy

little girls squealing

screen door slamming

fire popping

bottle rockets screaming



~~~~~~~~~


Fourth of July pie



Bright red toe nails, mother and daughter




Ice cold soda pop (and beer)



smoke thick from smoke bombs and ground blooms



and a crackling fire



hot Roman candles and cold creme soda



fire flies captured



grand finale



.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth to you, friend! It looks and sounds like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! I wanted to try a new homemade potato salad today and your recipe was a hit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a celebration! I am glad you had such a great day =) I am going to come back when I have a bit more time and read that article on patriotism. It looks really good ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) 4th! I felt like I was right there with you. {{sigh}}

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!