Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 16, 2009

At Least He Listened to His Mother

.

Sarah Palin Accepts Letterman's Apology


I can't stand David Letterman. I never could. I have never thought that jokes at the expense of other people were funny. Ever.

Obviously I did not think his joke about Sarah Palin's daughter was funny. I thought it was crude and disgusting and waaaay over the top. Par for the course.

I was a little surprised when I heard that he apologized. If I were Sarah Palin I don't know if I would have accepted his apology, at least publicly, but she's a better woman than I.

I think there is one thing that everyone can learn from the entire situation (besides telling crude jokes about politicians' children doesn't pay) and that is that you can never under estimate the power of a mama. Letterman said he received a call from his mother earlier in the day before he apologized. So, I can say one positive thing about him. At least he listened to his mother. And Hoorah! for his mother telling him what she thinks.

.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I can, I think I can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the big apology, he kept saying the joke was intended for the older (18 year old) daughter...does that make it any better? Not much.

    So glad he listened to his mother and was (seemed) sincere about it.

    I did listen while folding laundry last night to hear what he'd say about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!