Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peace in the Womb

.

I think since the last election I am much more aware of bumper stickers on cars around me as I drive, and as I park, and I walk through parking lots. I read every single one of them.

The leftover Obama '08 admittedly get my dander up -- gloaters? I see a lot of them, or at least it seems like a lot.

And I see Peace stickers. "Peace for the world," "COEXIST" with all of the politically corrected symbolism, "Peace for the planet," etc., etc.

I've had a sticker running through my head for several months now. Something mildly sharp, but not offensive. Something simple, concise and cool -- my Pro-Life counter to those "Peace for the world" folks.

I finally created the artwork and had the bumper sticker made. What do you think?





.

15 comments:

  1. Are you opening an etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The postage is a little expensive, but if you want one, you can get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like it! Yes, I'm in a sea of those peacenick out here...and those other politically persuaded folks too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now you got me sidetracked good...I totally dig this one too.
    http://www.zazzle.com/end_of_obama_error_bumper_sticker-128711768907337342
    I'm sure I'd get my car keyed around here...but I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! You realize you just identified your car lol. I'll be honking at you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too!! Are you selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see a lot of "gloaters" around here too. It seems like there are more of them than there were last election.
    Great sticker :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Emily.

    AK, Yup. I think I might get a punctured tire over that one! Of course I saw those all the time when George W. was president. But turn it the other way, and then there's trouble. ;-)

    Ana Maria -- honk away. And make sure you wave so I know who you are!

    Jamie -- see my comment above. I'm not selling them, but the place that made them for me is.

    Thanks, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *LOVE* it!!!! So where'd you find it? (or did I miss that tidbit of info?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Excellent!. The state where I live, Vermont, has an abundance of "Obama 08" stickers. We put a "Life is Precious" sticker adorned with a single red rose on our van, and it was amazing (and sad) about the snickers and wise remarks I overheard about the sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Barb!!

    Short, sweet and to the point...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent.

    I would get bumper stickers, but my husband does not like them. Even the magnetic ones. He's a man who remains outwardly neutral. I have a magnetic BSA and Pray for PJII ribbon on the van . . . when we get to HI, I'll likely put some flowers or turtles on there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful bumper sticker, Barbara! Good Job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!