Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, You Wicked, Wicked...

.

Just a bit ago, immediately following a particularly grueling, afternoon (never a good thing) session of "dragging" the tens' place, my "all-things-princess-minded" daughter, under her breath, called me the worst name she could think of -- stepmother.


I had to chew the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing.

She claimed she really wasn't calling me any name at all, she was just saying it to herself. But us "wicked stepmothers" know better, don't we?

I'm not certain how long she'll have to spend in "her tower."

If I really were a stepmother, I imagine I would be a tad more upset.

.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that is soooo funny!! She's a smart princess, isn't she?

    Just the other day, I accidentally told my daughter if she didn't stop whatever she was doing I'd send her to her dungeon...her room is in the basement! She didn't like that at all. I better watch it, she'll start calling me Stepmother too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Barbara. I think the title fits you.

    [Issuing an evil cackle of her own while running from the room]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merciful Heavens! That's cheek she has. Yeah? Jamie and Margaret - funny!! My girl (is it wrong to thank God I only have one girl????) drives me bonkers now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL!!!
    And as the mom of a 13-year-old Princess myself, I'll just say "Be glad that's the worst she can think of."

    Saint Barbara spent some time in a tower, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie -- I think you are definitely next!

    Margaret -- You better believe it takes one to know one.

    Sarah -- I say it's a good thing I have one girl.

    Barb -- She did, before her father cut her head off. And then he was struck by lightening -- lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can relate ... Just yesterday my 6-year-old said that when she grows up she's going to work and her husband will stay at home with the kids. When I asked her why, she sighed and said that it's just not very much fun to stay at home. Oh no, I thought, I better work on being (or at least appearing to be) more cheerful in my vocation ... It's tough work, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Maybe I need to show that a bit more to them ... (Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!