Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mary, the Mother of Jesus, Pray for us

.


Modello for the Ascension of Christ with Saints Agnes and Helen
Naldini, Giovanni Battista Mid 1570s


"O my God, O my Jesus, You are going away and leaving us! Oh! what joy there will be in heaven! But we have to remain here on earth. O eternal Word, what has Your creature done for You, that You should do so much for him and then ascend into heaven to glorify him even more? Tell me, what has he done for You, that You should love him so much? What has he given You? What do You look for in him? You love him so much that You give Yourself to him, You who are all things, and besides whom there is nothing. You want from him his entire will and intellect, because when he gives them to You, he gives You all that he has. O infinite Wisdom, O supreme Good, O Love, O Love so little known, little loved, and possessed by so few! Oh! our ingratitude, cause of every evil! O Purity, so little known and so little desired! O my Spouse, now that You are in heaven, seated at the right hand of the eternal Father, create in me a pure heart and renew a right spirit within me." -- St. Mary Magdalen dei Pazzi



"All there were persevering with one mind in prayer with … Mary, the Mother of Jesus" (Acts 1: 14)

Silence, recollection, prayer, peace with our brethren and union with Mary: these are the characteristics of the novena we too should make in preparation for the coming of the Holy Spirit. -- The Divine Intimacy

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!