Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 18, 2009

Clothesline Rosary



.


Some people pray the rosary while they walk or run, some while they drive, others as they fall asleep. There really is no limit as to when or where you can pray the rosary -- it's a beautiful thing wherever you are.

Lately I have found I can pray five decades of the rosary while I hang my clean clothes on the line. Have you seen this image of Our Holy Mother and the Infant Savior?




What better way to become close to Our Mother and her Holy Son than to pray while working? It's hard to focus, however, when the kids are chattering in my ear, or when I'm trying to read a recipe, so all chores are not ideal for multi-tasking with prayer time. Usually I can catch some uninterrupted time at the clothesline, though, especially while the kids are doing a task at the school table. I was having trouble keeping count of my Hail Marys the other day when I decided to use my tools (a rule in our house -- use your tools). I can clip ten clothespins to my blouse and as I pray, I remove them and use them. By the end of the day I have easily prayed one rosary. It's good for a Divine Mercy chaplet or a seven sorrows chaplet, too.



.

10 comments:

  1. I have that picture in my laundry room. The Polish Madonna, that is, not your shirt front. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the Blessed Mother. I can't wait to have a yard with a clothesline!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie's comment made me laugh. I saw this website the other day and was admiring the poetic clothespins. I'll bet you could something really cute to make prayerful clothespins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite pictures of the Blessed Mother...I was going to use it before the end of May!

    I love your clothespin rosary shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea! I was just pondering that today while outside trying to cheer myself (dang depression). I took a long walk with my smallest on my back and the next oldest walking in front of me, wishing I had a rosary. Then I realized... DUH... 10 fingers. But I will remember this when I put my clothes line up this summer! :) And that image of Mary is one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I don't have a clothes line or a good place for one....but you've reminded me that folding laundry (and I do have lots of it) or putting laundry away is a great time to pray the rosary.
    Thanks Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture. I'd like it for my laundry room. I've actually just gotten back into trying to say the rosary more. I love how the beads feel in my hands. It makes me feel close to her. Thanks for your wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely picture of the blessed mother and of you too! praying while "choring", i have found is when i am THE closest to my Lord.
    well, off i go.....to pack and pray! :) have a blessed week barb. try to remember me in one of those rosaries, if you please.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Barbara! My Polish Madonna is in my bedroom, because it reminds me first thing in the morning what little treasures our children are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can order the picture--I know you can. Check the internet!
    I usually pray the rosary when I'm driving home. I definitely need charity when it comes to some of the drivers out there....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!