Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, January 23, 2009

I am not alone

.

I have mentioned that part of my morning prayer includes reading the daily meditation from the Divine Intimacy. My mother-in-law gave me a copy and it was published in the early sixties. I love using it every day-- there is always something to take away, something that I needed to read. My only problem with the book is that it follows the traditional liturgical calendar, so I often lose my place in it and have no idea where I should be. When that happens, I just pick the most logical spot and start reading. It's all good and I figure eventually, throughout the year, I'll read everything. The reason I tell you this, is if you read the Divine Intimacy every day and you have seen excerpts here that do not coincide with what you've read, now you know why. Not only is my copy old, but I am lost!



Today I enjoyed reading this, which is just what I needed to read at the end of this week:

" The works which the Father hath given Me to perfect, the works themselves...I do." Jn 5,36

"God has entrusted to each one of us a share in the great redemptive work of Jesus. As consecrated souls, we are especially called to cooperate in Christ's work. First of all we must cooperate with grace, so that the fruits of the redemption can be fully applied to our souls. This is the work of our own personal sanctification."
"We are called to sanctify ourselves in order to be able to bring others sanctity."
"Anything that does not contribute to our own sanctification or to the sanctification of others is useless, a waste of time, and should be courageously eliminated."

"I am not alone, because the Father is with Me." "My Father worketh...and I work...I cannot of Myself do anything." Jn 16,32 - 5,17









.

1 comment:

  1. I believe this is where I am also in the book....do you have the one volume or the old four volumes? I have the one volume. And you are right, doesn't really matter if we are on the correct week...it's all good!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!