Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 03, 2008

Worst Case Scenario

.
I may not be blogging for a few days. Just so you know, I didn't croak (at least I hope I don't).

In the absolute worst-case scenario, tomorrow this country will elect, without a shadow of a doubt, the most pro-abortion, left-leaning president in the history of our country. If it does not happen tomorrow, the next-to-worse-case scenario would be that in a few weeks or months we will learn that he has been elected, after much counting of votes and, even possibly, court hearings.

In either worst case, I am mourning for the souls of the babies who will be killed every year for the next four years, and possibly for decades to come, by "choice."

In the case of either of these worst-case scenarios, Doug and I have made the personal choice to roll up our sidewalks for the next four years. We will not contribute to this economy except for what is absolutely necessary. There have been times in my life when I have been called a grudge holder, and I admit, I can hold a grudge with the best. But this is not grudge holding. This is our sacrifice for the souls of the poor babies, and it will be our chastisement to the country that elects a baby killer to be its leader.

And I hope that many other Americans will do the same thing. This may sound selfish, as people need jobs and if our economy crumbles, people will lose jobs. True.

But, it is very clear, from where I am sitting, that the people of this country hold their dollars to be more valuable than human life. And I do not believe that they will see the truth for what it is until this country's economy goes completely and totally in the toilet. There are those who will never see the truth for what it is, but if this country elects a Democrat, and the economy is the same in four years as it is now, or worse, then maybe some Americans will understand that the Democratic Party is not going to save them. Part of me most sincerely hopes that our economy does take a real nose dive. As Fr. Corapi said, "if you think the economy is bad now, you ain't seen nothing yet." He said what God gives, God will take away.

Maybe we should learn to live with less now.

Catholics (and anyone else) who claim that they are pro-life, yet vote Democrat, must see that the answer is not to vote pro-choice. Until we, as a country, stand up for, and protect at all cost, the lives of our most fragile neighbors, our unborn babies, we do not deserve to have anything -- not things, not entertainment, not comfort.

I am still hoping for the best-case scenario, but preparing my heart for the worst.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

14 comments:

  1. Amen to that Barbara!!

    I am still hoping, praying with hope. Thanking God for the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    I am in total agreement with you here. I would add that each and everyone one of us who want to save babies at all cost ( even at the risk of certain family members ousting us which I currently experienced)must get in the trenches and help these women who are choosing to keep their babies. Let's get out and volunteer our time at a women's center like Birthright, join Pro-life groups at church etc.. Save our money to provide baby items to women who can't afford it. The battle will only getter tougher if Obama wins.
    We must prepare ourselves for the fight... for the babies....

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara! Thank you so much for this post. I totally agree with you. I too will join you in not contributing to the economy unless absolutely necessary. As a side, I am a former Michigander who is living in Central Ohio. I love the state of Michigan and all it beauty, not to mention it is where my family is. However, I, along with my husband have decided, short of an emergency, we will not set foot in that state as long as there is a pro-choice Catholic as Governor. It is not an easy choice to make, but I am willing to do it to make a statement.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with this. But, How? I'm asking seriously how to do just that? Just buy groceries and petrol (real and true needs)? I can do that, but I wanted to be clearer about how to do so. you can email me at oldhamddj(at)comcast(dot)net or add it on here in your comments or whatever. I'll be back.

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    It really depends upon how you are living right now. If you are only buying groceries and gasoline now, then you are already only buying what absolutely needs to be bought anyway.

    I am talking about not making any major purchases -- appliances, furniture, unless absolutely necessary (if the washing machine breaks I don't plan on using a tub for four years). No extra clothes, just for fun, no eating out just for fun, no big vacations. The kids will get Christmas and birthday gifts and that's it. No computers, no televisions, no power tools (not me but my husband has been known to indulge in those).

    We do not live "high on the hog" by any stretch of the imagination. But my husband has a new job and for once in our married lives we are seeing a little give in our monthly budget. That give will go in the bank or to Catholic charities, but not into the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting thoughts. I am still hoping McCain will win. May God have mercy on us and our nation. I'm praying for the intersession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. If Obama wins, I'll be thinking about your no spending ideas a little more...I've always loved the self sufficiency thing. Maybe I can finally talk my husband into buying some land!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for making the idea more clear to me. I indulge in buying things I don't need all the time . . . like candles (you know, the pricey, lovely smelling ones) and books (there's always the library and borrowing from friends how may have titles I would like to read) . . . I love this approach, because in a good or not so good economy there is much to be gained by practicing self control - and by blessing others (charities; neighbours in need) with our extra blessings instead.

    God bless you and God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am nervous. I feel like I am holding my breathe to see the results at the end of today. I just don't understand why people can't open theirs eyes and see what is at risk here. Who are we as a society if we don't care enough to protect our most fragile? It just makes me sick, and oh so sad. My stomach churns each time I hear the clip of Obama talking about what he'll do first in office.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara
    Your post is inspiring...i cant understand how blind some are. I pray that God opens their eyes to the truth before its too late. I work in a college and we held a mock election yesterday and guess who won? The young voters think its cool to vote for Obama I hope that when it comes down to really voting they will dig deep down and realize what they would be doing to our country, to our elderly, to our economy, and most of all to our babies.
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears, Barbara...many tears...

    I know how you feel. We love our country, want to believe the best but are watching our brothers and sisters step over the bodies of the slaughtered innocent, unseeing, because their heads are stuck firmly in their wallets.

    Should "he who will not be named" be elected, I can't help but think that our Lord is sending the loudest wake-up call ever. That are country must sink to the depths of the gutter is an image to horrible to contemplate, yet I have such hope in His Mercy...we may sink, but He saves, and it's only when confronted with darkness/death/destruction that most people fall to their knees and beg for mercy.

    Which is what we'll be doing...

    "Rolling up our sidewalks..." I like the analogy and would love to hear more on how you will accomplish this, as we, too, feel that some measure of protest must be made. May God give all of us the strength to choose life and not count the cost...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimberly,
    Beautiful comment.
    I agree with her, Barbara--I want to hear how you will be "rolling up the sidewalks."
    Blogger solidarity here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'll join you in rolling up the carpet. We're buying a huge gun next week with all the ammo to go along with it, and extra for the ones we already own before Hitler takes away our Constitutional right.

    I'm too upset to make any further comments. The only bright spot in all this is that God will see us through this. I believe in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to bed last night, and Obama was ahead. I still don't know the outcome (and, truth be told, I don't so much want to know...I think I've deduced from my early morning reading). I was just thinking, during my middle-of-the-night prayers (with the baby) about what sort of things/actions I could take. You have presented some very good food for thought here (as always). Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I put a link on my blog to this post. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!