Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, October 16, 2008

Will I Be Counted?

.
Just a little more than four years ago, I remember seeing a documentary about a foreign country, I can't remember where, holding their elections for a new leader. The gist of the story was that all the people who came out for elections, who stood in line for days to vote, had no chance of having their vote counted because the entire election was crooked. It was very sad to think that these poor people had hopes that they were helping to decide a new future for themselves and their families, and the entire thing was rigged against them.

And how sad is it that just a few short years later I am having serious doubts, in the United States of America, that my vote will be counted? I live in a red state, with a red governor, where ACORN fraud is rampant, and I am soberly facing the fact that my vote may truly not be counted. Or if it is counted, there will be thousands of false votes in the ballot box with mine.

Very sad.






UPDATED: It now looks as though it's actually hundreds of thousands of false votes.


.

7 comments:

  1. Since this has been going on for 30 years it makes me question how polorized our nation really is. After all, if one Republican=1 vote and 1 Democrat=30 votes then there must be so many more of us (conservatives) to still defeat the liberals.

    I found out after we had been stationed overseas that the town where my husband was registered didn't count his absentee vote because "they weren't sure he was really a resident." This is in a town of 7000 and every summer he walked into the registar's office and reminded them who he was, payed his tax bill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking with my husband about this last night!!! I just don't get their dumb polls that are "always acurate"!! How do "they" know? "They" did not ask me what my vote is, or anyone I know?

    I know I don't fully understand it, but it just doesn't seem right, or feel right. I think it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I'm right there with you...

    Fear not! God will be glorified, no matter the outcome of this election! We are still to persevere, to go bravely forward in spite of all obstacles with trust that He is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but you CAN NOT link obama with ACORN, that would be racist.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having the same concerns here. I haven't even received my absentee and they supposedly sent them out last week! Now I am getting nervous that something went wrong when I sent my request online.

    I was talking to dh this am. He is overseas, has already voted and sent his ballot back here. I told him, in light of everything going on, even though absentee voting is convenient, they need to go back to where absentee is for those who are serving overseas, that's it, that's all. It's been proven that it is too easy to manipulate the system.

    I'll bet voting wouldn't be nearly as important to ppl if they actually had to take the time out of their lives and walk somewhere to vote. There's a thing about helping ppl in need, and there's a thing called laziness.

    I am praying for a miracle, and I am praying to be able have the grace to accept the outcome.

    And here I thought I might have faith in politics for once.

    No wonder so many have become so apathetic to politics. What difference does it make? It's always money that gets the job done.

    God Bless,
    TracyW. north of you in the red state

    ReplyDelete
  6. UPDATE:

    The ballot came today! Have voted and will mail tomorrow. The saying goes, the ballot is in the mail.

    As you said, will it be counted?

    God bless,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read your cooking blog for some time now but some how managed to miss this wonderful blog.

    I have the same fears about voting in this state. My family and I just relocated from IL to Ohio. I thought that living in Ohio, I wouldn't have to deal with so much Obamalove. Boy was I wrong. I had a sinking feeling when I found out about early voting and being able to register and vote on the same day. Let's just say I wasn't surprised when the ACORN story broke.

    Thank you for your wonderful blogs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!