Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to the Kitchen

.

It took the kids less than four weeks to migrate back up the basement stairs to the kitchen table for school.

And while I still feel guilty abandoning the school room, I'm really glad we won't miss the fall foliage by being stuck in a windowless room all day long.

I went out and bought us a nice, sturdy book shelf, so we're not schooling out of tubs (like we did all last year), and I think we can consider this a permanent move. I believe it's time we did a basement makeover, and moving the college boy's belongings to a basement bedroom might be in the plan.

.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I love that lovely book shelf...funny how I appreciate them now more then ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it look beautiful and functional.
    The kitchen IS the heart of the home--so your kids have a good instinct there.
    Or is it just that they want to be near the Chocolate Cookies? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!