Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pushing All the Buttons

.
Last night, just before bed, Peach was fighting with one of her brothers. Just tired bickering is all it was. But, she knew she had pushed a button and was weepy when I came upstairs to hear her prayers and kiss her goodnight. She was sad because she knew I was unhappy with her behavior (she's not normally that sensitive to my displeasure -- she was just tired).

But, she knew just what buttons to push to get on my good side again. After I heard her prayers, she asked what will we do tomorrow (we go through this every night). And when I finished, she tilted her head and batted her lashes and said, "Mommy, would you watch 'Gone With the Wind' with me?"

Guess what's scheduled for our afternoon?

.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about that movie yesterday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "After all...tomorrow is another day!"

    I love that movie...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!