Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bad Dreaming

I have a disturbing recurring dream. Actually, I have more than one, but one in particular really disturbs me.

In this dream, I am at work. In fact, it's a new job, and as in most dreams, it's never one that really existed.

In the dream, I am at work when I suddenly remember that I've left the children at home alone. It is as though I have completely forgotten that I have them until that very moment of recollection. I am in a complete state of panic trying to figure out how I'm going to leave my new job and get to my children without disappointing anyone. Several times when I've had this dream, one child is an infant. I am in a terrible panic because I know that something is wrong and my children need me.

Each time that I have this dream, I have moments the next day when I "relive" the feeling that I have at the height of my "dream panic." I had this dream on Monday night and several times yesterday I experienced the same level of terror that I had during my dream. Honestly, it is a horrible feeling.

Though I wouldn't want to have this dream professionally analyzed, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what it means. But, what do you do with it?
.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Barb,
    Dreams can "mean" all sorts of things...underlying concerns about the children are normal for all good parents.
    Entrust these to Our Blessed Mother and the angels and saints to deliver you from the devil's snare.
    Some times I refer to this list for solace:
    http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/patron00.htm
    May you have peace, good Mother!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, the devil loves to have us in a terror. St. Michael the Archangel, defend us!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!