Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, December 13, 2007

Knitting News

I'm so excited. I knitted a buttonhole. I know, you were hoping for something much better. But, if you're a beginning knitter, like me, this is big. I am knitting some bibs for Doug's niece (with this yummy yarn, one in Strawberry and one in Over the Rainbow) and I really wasn't entirely sure how I was going to do this buttonhole. Lana gave me instructions, but I didn't really understand them because I am very visually oriented. So, I went to my very favorite knitting resource (I know I've mentioned it before) and found these instructions (scroll down). And I did it, first time.

I know. I need to get a life.

.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter desperately wants to learn how to knit. I don't know why other than it is the one thing that I can't do. Sewing, crocheting, crafting...no. It has to be knitting! So we are off to the library today to pick up a book that someone recommended to see if we can do it together.

    I am so happy for you! You have given me hope. I won't even tease you about a buttonhole being the absence of knitting. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cool! Hey, I'm a beginner too, such a beginner that every time I start I have to relearn what I'm doing all over again. And I haven't made button holes! :) Mostly just knitted a few samples for practice purposes, which my daughter claims for "barbie blankets".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matilda,
    I highly recommend that you check out the website linked to above. A friend showed me how to knit and I just couldn't get it. I was all thumbs. But, I taught myself the Continental Method (also known as left-handed knitting) using the videos on the website. They are very clear. I think I learned the Continental method much easier because it is more like crocheting.

    The video is so clear I bet your daughter could pick it up all by herself.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!