Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 19, 2007

Prayer Update


For all you warriors out there, I wanted to give you an update.

Jill finished her chemo on Saturday night. I'm told she had a bit of a fever and a fast heartbeat. But other than that, she tolerated the chemo well. At least no nausea. The doctors said the fatigue will hit around day seven.

She has been on a clear liquid diet for a week and the doctor gave the go ahead for an all liquid diet. Poor thing was looking forward to hospital jello. Jill is an itty bitty thing, so I can't imagine what two weeks without food has done. She's still in ICU but will move to a regular room as soon as her heartbeat settles. Hopefully home is not too far off. I know it will be like paradise!

Thank you, again, for your prayers. They are wonderfully powerful and she is going to need them. This shall not be a short road.



O Holy Trinity,
we thank you for having given to the Church
Pope John Paul II,
and for having made him shine with your fatherly tenderness,
the glory of the Cross of Christ and the splendour of the Spirit of love.

He, trusting completely in your infinite mercy
and in the maternal intercession of Mary,
has shown himself in the likeness of Jesus the Good Shepherd
and has pointed out to us holiness
as the path to reach eternal communion with You.

Grant us, through his intercession,
according to your will,
the grace that we implore,
in the hope that he will soon be numbered among your saints.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, thanks for the update on Jill. I'm so glad to hear she's tolerated the chemotherapy. I'm continuing to keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!