Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Lady in the Blue Cloak



This is a really lovely book. I have no idea how I stumbled across its title, or by what miracle my library decided to purchase it, but I found it and I don't want to return it. The Lady in the Blue Cloak, Legends from the Texas Missions, by Eric Kimmel, contains six short stories, all about the Spanish missions in Texas. Retold by Kimmel, these legends about the missions have been known in the southwest U.S. for many years. While they may or may not be true, they are certainly inspirational, and wonderful tools to teach children faith in God.

The illustrations are gorgeous oil paintings and do more for the story than just bring the characters to life. They breathe life into the stories themselves. Just beautiful.
.

2 comments:

  1. How sad is it that our library doesn't have a copy! That's life in the Bible Belt for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very surprised that our library has a copy, M. Our Catholic books are few and far between and this book looks like it's never been borrowed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!