Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daddy's Other Sweetheart?

.
Yesterday Michael and I were discussing Thomas Jefferson and his many accomplishments in service to our young country. Michael was leafing through the text and mentioned that Jefferson attended William and Mary College. I said, "Oh, that's a really pretty school. Your dad and I visited it when we were on our honeymoon."

Peach was by my side in a nanosecond -- "You mean dad went on a honeymoon (and then she wrinkles up her nose) with YOU?"

"Well, yes, after our wedding."

"Oh."

It's only taken her 5.5 years to figure this out. Her daddy has another sweetheart.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!