Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mathetes Award


Michelle at Dei Gratia chose me for the Mathetes Award. I am very touched by this award, as I feel that my vocation as homeschooling Catholic mother calls me specifically to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, Michelle.

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. So the rules for accepting the award are such: Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to, and provide links for (1) the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five people that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ.

I read more than a few blogs every day and there are many more than five women whom I believe to be disciples of Christ, but I can only pick five.

Jane at Building the Ark

Kimberly at Catholic Family Vignettes

Alice at Cottage Blessings

Kristen at Small Treasures

Cheryl at Time Really Does Fly

These women all have a quiet spirit of discipleship that seems to come so natural to their vocation as devoted Christian mothers.

.

5 comments:

  1. Barbara, I can't tell you how honored and blessed I feel to be picked for this very important award. Not only is it extremely kind of you, but it is also an honor to be in the company of these other four dear women.

    Many, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,
    You are most welcome.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara:

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Today has been such a wonderful day...

    I'm humbled that you would consider me for this award. I pray that I will continue to fulfill my vocation in such a way as to always be an encouragement to other moms. I, myself, am encouraged by the wonderful Catholic men and women in the "blogosphere" and am truly thankful for their examples.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome, Kimberly. Thank you for the blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, thank you. It is indeed an honor to be numbered among such good women.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!