Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gray-Haired Mama

.
Well, I have a little more than an inch of gray. I've officially reached the hag stage. My hair looks awful (Did you know that originally the word awful meant awe-full? I suppose that it still does mean that, but it's hard to believe since it's usually used to express offense.). I've never been very vain about my looks, but really, this is ridiculous.

I think there is a conspiracy out there to keep women from going gray. You see, if you've ever colored your hair to cover the gray, you have to go through this growing out part. Do you know that there is no such thing as gray hair color? I guess that's not a big surprise, since most people don't want to color their hair gray. But, it certainly would be helpful for a more smooth transition to a whole head of gray hair. You'd think that in a salon at least, you'd be able to have gray highlights put in or something. I tell you, it's a conspiracy by the hair color companies against gray-haired women.

The other day Anthony said, "Mom, your hair is really gray. What's up with that?" Poor kid. I said, "Anthony, I'm growing my gray out." "Oh, really?" he said. "Does that mean you're going to go out in public with half gray hair?"

Oh, the horror!!

.

2 comments:

  1. The growing out phase is truly the hardest part. Now that my grays are almost grown out, I'm starting to like it very much! I'll be getting a cut in the next couple of days and it'll be wonderful to get the last bits of dyed hair gone! Keep it up Barbara - it'll look better before you know it!

    elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elaine. I so appreciate your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!