Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, August 03, 2007

Did you know...

.

...that you can use white vinegar in the rinse aid dispenser of your dishwasher. That store bought stuff is so expensive, that I finally got desperate enough to go searching (and what's in it exactly that we then probably consume because it's released in the rinse water?). Here and here are some other great "basic cleaning products" you have in your kitchen or medicine cabinet (Tea Tree Oil is mentioned in the second link. In addition to cleaning properties it has great natural medicinal properties, but do your research before you use it. You can buy it at any natural food store.) And here are some great techniques for using natural products.

I really like using natural products to clean. Not only is it healthier, but it is so much more budget friendly. There are actually very few things that we need to buy to keep our homes clean. Cleaning product manufacturers have tried to brainwash us into believing that we need many special products to get everything clean. I'm always amazed when I walk down that aisle in the grocery store -- one type of product after another -- and it's one of the priciest aisles in the entire store.

I'm working on a post for my cooking blog on getting by on a tight budget and cutting out pricey cleaning products is definitely a key.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!