Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fruit Fly Trap




Don't you love things that are simple and effective? Lately my kitchen has been invaded by fruit flies. I can't figure out if it's the bananas, tomatoes, avocados, or bags of potatoes. I'm guessing the potatoes -- I look at everything else in the store pretty closely. Or maybe it's something as gross as eggs hatching. I'm not going to think about it. All that matters is that I have the little buggers and they're pretty pesky. So I read about this little trap. You curl a piece of paper into a cone (in my case it was a large postcard advertisement from the mail stack, and I later noticed that it was addressed to my neighbor -- whoops. Thanks Mrs. K.), stick the small end into a jar with a piece of ripe fruit or something else sweet (like a teaspoon of jam). Make sure the paper is pushed in so there is no gap around the top of the jar. Pretty soon you'll have fruit flies -- and they're too stupid to get back out! I have already trapped many more than I knew I had.


2 comments:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!