Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thanks Honey, for the Lovely New Apron -----No, Thanks, on the Washboard

.
My honey bought me this new apron for my birthday. Don't you love the coffee cups? I have to tell you I really wanted it, for those of you who would not appreciate a new apron as a birthday gift. Peach told me I look beautiful in it. We won't talk about the real-deal washboard that he bought me -- yup, that's it --and then took back today (No honey, I will not use a real washboard. Even though I hang out my clothes, I have no intention of working like a pioneer woman.). If only I had checked out the website and seen that it can be used as a musical instrument. I could have started an all-girl band!

6 comments:

  1. Love the apron!! Kind of like my calendar, I felt the need to explain that I really wanted it!

    My husband will also be returning an item so yours shouldn't feel bad!

    Glad you had a great day, birthday buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE apron! Did you notice on their "blurb" about the wash board that only one line mentioned it was for washing clothes. The rest was all about how to use it for decor! LOL

    God Bless,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye,s Tracy. I did notice that washing was down-played. Frankly, I was amazed to find that there is still a company in existence that makes them. Only in America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the apron! I didn't realize washboards were still being produced either (except maybe for decor).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...we could match! I don't have that one, but I have two of their aprons. Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a coffee lover, but that is a cute apron. Happy Birthday, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!