Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weekly Menu -- May 22 through May 27

Better late than never? I don't know. This is a crazy week. The last week of the school quarter always sneaks up on me. So much preparation to do and I always forget how long it takes. This is more than a 24 hr/day job.

And to top it off this week is our neighborhood Garage Sale week. I have less than enough to make a real Garage Sale, but my mom brings her stuff over and the kids always sell hot dogs, sodas, and baked goods -- it's their summer spending money. So after we get finished with our short week tomorrow, I have to drag out the stuff from the basement, and start baking (I know -- I should make the boys do it, but it's enough of a hassle for them to cook hot dogs).


My one star this week is the Butter Brickle Cake. It's my personal favorite, and I bake it even though the rest of the family is just ho-hum about it. I'll have to send half of it to work with Doug so I don't eat the whole thing. The recipe is below.


I also posted this week's marinade recipe. In the summer we eat marinated chicken about once a week, so variety is a good thing. I put the marinade on the chicken in a plastic bag before I freeze it, so it marinates as it thaws.


Tuesday

Lunch: Pancakes, bacon

Dinner: Hot dogs with Chili Sauce, fried potatoes, fruit, Root Beer floats

Wednesday
Lunch: Baked potatoes with chili

Dinner:
Szechwan chicken, rice, green beans, Butter Brickle Cake

Thursday

Lunch: Scrambled egg sandwiches

Dinner: Grilled Marinated Chicken, roasted potatoes, corn, fruit, leftover cake


Friday

Lunch: Fast food

Dinner:
Deviled crabmeat , mashed potatoes, asparagus, ice cream and Saturday's bake sale extras

Saturday

Lunch: Hot dogs (what else?) maybe with Skyline sauce

Dinner: Dinner with friends


Sunday
Lunch: Eat out
Dinner: Mom's bringing steaks (she's No. 1 on Doug's list right about now), potatoes, and salad; I'll make Creme Brulee for dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!