Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh, For Pete's Sake!

Hopkins (yes, the Signing Time frog's namesake)


We have two full-fledged Leopard frogs from our Tad experience. Hopkins and Godzilla. We've done all of the research to make sure we provide them with a nice, safe environment so they will lie a nice, long froggy life. No threat of being eaten here. They have dirt and water and rocks and logs. They have lots of hiding places and a cool place to rest their bods. My trouble is, they won't eat. They are supposed to eat meal worms, flies, ants, beetles and crickets. They won't eat anything larger than their mouth -- it has to fit all at one time. So crickets are out, because the frogs are too little. And they can't eat earthworms for the same reason. So, we purchased meal worms from the pet store and they aren't eating those either. And the ant's keep crawling back out of the terrarium (lovely!). Can't find any flies. I'm looking for help here.

If you have experience with frogs (yea, right!) leave a message. Tell me what to do. Because every time I walk by the tank, I say, "Go eat a worm." And it's not working.


3 comments:

  1. I had very small frogs and I fed them small crickets. The ones at the local bait store were too large; we had to get the petsmart size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a tree frog - very small. He only eats crickets - when we had the mealworms he wasn't interested. I get the small ones from petsmart. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we're off to get some crickets tomorrow. Hang on froggies.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!