Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, March 30, 2007

Hopefully no big, bad wolves


I'm feeling like Little Red Riding Hood today. I'm visiting my grandma and taking her loads of frozen soup, sauce, bread, and cookies.

My mom, Peach and I will drive two hours there, pick up lunch and visit for a bit, and then drive two hours home. And my little peach will chatter the
entire time.

But, my grandma is so worth it. She will be very grateful, as she is for everything she has. She would be grateful simply for our presence.

My grandma is 90 years old -- almost 91. She gave birth to eight children. Twin sons died when they were babies, and another beloved son died at age 19. She has never lived any where with more than three rooms and a bath (and I'm not talking bedrooms) even when there were six children at home. She has never driven a car. She has never really owned anything of value. And I have never, ever heard her say that she "wants" anything. That is why it is such a joy for me to give to her.

Surely a soul destined for heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!