Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, March 11, 2007

Humble my heart



On Friday, the kids and I went through the McDonald's drive-thru on our way home from Mass to get fish sandwiches to take home for lunch.

After leaving the drive-through, (where I specifically asked, "Three of those sandwiches don't have tartar sauce, right?" and to which the employee replied, "right," but not too convincingly.) I pulled into a parking place to check. Of course they had tartar sauce, and, bad mommy that I am, I used the word "eejit." Eejit (like idiot) is my catch-all word for someone who did something not-so-bright. It's not the worst word in the world, but I shouldn't name call, and I know it. But I said it, under my breath, and you know how kids can hear when they want to and you don't.

My five-year-old heard me, and she said, "Mom, you said eejit, and you're going to have to go to Mass and get another black mark on your head."

I love being humbled by a child. It's really the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!