Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, March 02, 2007

Book/Movie Meme

Denise from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Exchange tagged me for this book meme. I think she said might be surprised that I'm not all that well-read (I love to read but tend not to pick up the classics), but I've seen quite a few of the movies. I was very happy to discover that I have read quite a few of these classics with my kids since we started homeschooling. That pleases me greatly because I know what kind of garbage they would have been reading in Catholic day school.

I have bolded the ones which I have read or watched.

1. Heidi
(Johanna Spyri) the book and the movie

2. Pride and Prejudice
(Jane Austen) the movie

3 To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) the movie

4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell) the book and the movie

5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)

6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)

7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)

8. Anne of Green Gables
(L.M. Montgomery) the book and the movie

9. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)

10. Anne of Avonlea (L.M. Montgomery)

11.The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)

12. Little Women
(Louisa May Alcott) the book and the movie

13. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)

14. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
(C. S. Lewis) the book

15. Chariots of Fire
(MacArtney) the movie (but I think I fell asleep!)

16. 1984
(Orwell) the book (a long time ago)

17. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)

18. The Grapes of Wrath
(Steinbeck) the book (also a long time ago)

19. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)

20. War and Peace
(Tolstoy) the book (but don't ask me if I understood it)

21. Quo Vadis (Sienkiewicz)

22. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Victor Hugo) *

23. The Robe (Douglas) *

24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)

25. The Story of A Soul (St. Therese) Therese the movie

I'd like to tag Theresa Thomas, because I bet she's read them all :o) and Waltzing Matilda.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!