Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yummy applesauce cake


I made an applesauce cake on Sunday, one that I make frequently because everyone loves it, and I thought I'd post the recipe. It's a really moist cake and it tastes a little like gingerbread, from the bit of molasses in the recipe. It's great warm with a little whipped cream. Yum.



Applesauce Cake
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2cups applesauce
2 T molasses
2 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1/2 t salt
1 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bundt pan.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add molasses and applesauce and mix in. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat to moisten. Fold in raisins.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cake will not rise to the top of the pan. Cool for 10 minutes and remove cake from pan to wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That does sound like a good treat:~p Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. The address I send my preemie things to is:
    The Preemie Project
    c/o Laura Aker
    2607 Flagstone Ct
    Coralville, Iowa 52241
    They accept from all over and you don't have to join the Yahoo group, but it's a good source for patterns and inspiration. They have NO quotas, just send what you can when you can. If you don't want to send there you might ask if they accept preemie items at your local hospital(s).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!