Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, January 26, 2007

On this day in history...


I'm not big on the entertainment industry. In fact, there is really not a lot they do that I can honestly say I agree with. I don't watch television (except for Fox news and the Food Network) and I don't see movies, except for the occasional children's film. I don't like "their" agenda and I don't like the political message that most of the Hollywood biggies want us to hear. But, I will admit to some great movies in the history of Hollywood. On this day in history, in 1934, Sam Goldwyn bought the rights to The Wizard of Oz.

From History.com:
"The book had been published in 1900, and though Baum died in 1919 his widow and publisher agreed to allow another writer to continue the "Oz" series. Goldwyn had intended for Shirley Temple to play Dorothy in the film, but 17-year-old Judy Garland got the part instead. The film, released in 1939, made Garland an international star and earned her a special Oscar that year for Best Juvenile Performer."

photo from imdb.com

1 comment:

  1. I just can't imagine Shirley Temple as Dorothy. I am glad Judy Garland got the part!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!