Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, November 02, 2011

For all the souls...



Yesterday we rejoiced with the saints. Today we pray with the souls. Yesterday was play. Today is work. We pray today...for all the souls we hope to see in heaven. Tonight we eat Soul Cakes.



Early this morning I lit the vigil candles and remembered all the souls we lost on this earth and pray we will see again one day. We especially remember: our grandparents, and my father; and some of our more recent losses: our brother Tim, our beloved Jill, our Uncle Ed, young Jimmy, Uncle Tom Basti.


Saints of God, come to their aid!
Hasten to meet them, angels of the Lord!

Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.


May Christ, who called you, take you to himself;
may angels lead you to the bosom of Abraham.
Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.


Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,

and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Receive their souls and present them to God the Most High.


4 comments:

  1. Every time I see it on your blog, I realize how much I love your holy card candle holder. I really have to make one for our house.

    Could you add a little prayer for a friend of mine from college who lost her battle with cancer today? And one for her husband and young son?

    I love my praying corner of the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those candle/card holders, too! I love how you're celebrating and praying this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful idea. We're looking through photo albums and scrapbooks tonight to remember our faithful departed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara, I love this idea of vigil candles! Are those holy cards that you just turned backwards after your All Saint's vigil? I'm going to think about adopting something like this to remember my late husband and our other faitful departed. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!