Vol. II for me.
1. Rain, rain go away. Come again another day.
2. My college boy, Geoffrey, went out in the car last night alone. First time ever. Sound odd? After all, he is college boy. Well, we tend to be delayed in our house when it comes to driving. Personally, I didn't drive until I was 21. I know it's odd, but it works for us. College boy took driver's ed during the summer while he was his high school. And then he let his temps expire. Yes, I know it's odd. He didn't really feel good about driving. He said he felt distracted and I give him credit for admitting it. But out of necessity, he now needs to drive. So he passed the test and took dad's car last night all by himself. He arrived home in one piece (Can I just tell you that I honestly didn't think he would?). The new car is sitting in the garage, but it's a manual transmission and he's a little iffy going uphill. He's driving it to work today. Say a prayer, please.
3. My high school boy, Joshua, was inducted into the National Honor Society Tuesday night. His dad and I never imagined (I'm being honest here). He has proven himself in so many ways -- we are very proud of him. Here is is with his dad. Aren't they cute?
4. Tomorrow is garage sale day. We used to have an annual garage sale in our neighborhood, but someone stopped organizing it. We haven't had a sale in a couple years so we have loads of stuff. Today I'll spend the day pricing and setting up. It's supposed to rain today but hopefully not tomorrow. The boys always do a hot dog sale on garage sale day. Dad drags the grill around and they set up out on the sidewalk. They sell hot dogs and soda and whatever baked goods I can throw together. The last time they did it, I think they sold 60 hot dogs. They made about $40. People who garage sale are hungry. They don't want to pay more than a quarter for anything in the garage, but they'll fork over a dollar for a hot dog and soda. Go figure.
5. Just in case you haven't noticed, I've been writing a Marian post every day. I look forward to it every day. I feel sad for those who do not have a connection with Our Blessed Mother, especially those who intentionally ignore her ability to intercede. There is just no negative to calling Jesus' mother my own.
6. The children and I are planning a May crowning for next week. I think we'll have to give Mary a good cleaning over the weekend. I noticed she is growing a little mildew standing in the front yard. Shame on me. Catholic Cuisine has some great ideas for food to celebrate Mary. I know my gang would enjoy a Rice Krispie crown!
7. Happy Mother's Day! (I really mean it. I wish you could stop by for a hug.) Relax. Enjoy. Make the kids do all the work! It's the one day they might not complain!
Go see Jenn for more Quick Takes.