Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Still waiting



Just a little update on the job situation in case you thought there might be something fantastic going on that you were missing.

Nothing has changed, at least not in the ways that are real and that recognizable (we never know about the plans God has in the works). I've been forbidden to speak about it (loose lips sink ships) except I will say that the severance agreement has still not been settled, and we still don't have medical insurance. For those who thought we could go on COBRA, you're right -- we could, to the tune of $2100 a month. If the severance agreement pans out and we have medical insurance for the duration, I pray my husband will have a job by the time the term runs out. If not, we will have to go to "the marketplace" (aka Obamacare). My husband and Faith could use a group like Christ Medicus Foundation CURO because they have no pre-existing medical conditions. But Noah and I do, and we would likely not be accepted, thus Obamacare. But, that decision is down the road a bit (I hope) and I'm trying to live one day at a time.

I hope that I didn't hurt the feelings of our friends and family who either didn't know about our situation, and thus couldn't offer their love, or who had reached out to us. Obviously if you didn't know, you didn't know, and if you reached out, then you were already offering your help and prayers.

I want to thank God for the many friends I have here on my blog. I consider you as real as the friends I can see and hug, except our hugs must be long distance and felt with our hearts instead of our arms. You have lifted me up and kept me in prayer and I am so, so grateful. Thank you also to the friends who have emailed me, some I have made rosaries for, some who have been readers for years and we have established a more personal friendship. I appreciate all your kindness and mostly your prayers. At one such reader's suggestion, I am praying the novena to Our Lady of Prompt Succor. Running to Our Blessed Mother comes very easily to me, and I beg her to take my petitions to Her Son, as He always obeys His mother if it is God's will.

I pray God's will is revealed to us soon.



7 comments:

  1. I have one of your rosaries. A treasure for me. Praying for a fast outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have your family in my daily novena to St. Joseph. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a crazy week here, so I haven't been reading any blogs, but please know that you are being held in prayer. My Holy Hour this week is for you, your family and for a quick resolution to your husband's unemployment. St. Joseph, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    non-denominational

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!